Monday, May 7, 2012

Pretty Little Spring Things

Here's some things I bought for spring. I know I said I would start saving, but I came into a little bit of money and decided I would treat myself. I still have quite a bit of money left and I got some awesome deals, so I don't really feel that bad about shopping. Hope you like what I got. :-)

First I ordered a box from Julep Maven. I never really had any intention to subscribe to them. However, I saw an ad that said you could get an intro box for a penny. A penny!! Seriously, and I didn't see anywhere that said you had to order again from them. I figured at that price I would give it a go. The only catch is that once you order from them you are a monthly subscriber. If you want, though, you can opt to skip each month within the time frame they give and you aren't charged for anything or you can call to cancel.
I took the style quiz when you sign up and my result was It Girl. I liked the colors and ordered that box. I was impressed with the polishes. The colors were definitely my style. My only qualm is that if I decided to order again, it's $20 and that seems a bit pricey. And I already have way to many nail polishes.
Here are the polishes and the box they came in. Cute.
From left to right: Helena (a bright fuchsia purple), Mandy (a bright coral) & Heather (a metallic taupe)

I saw this necklace on modcloth.com months ago and I loved it, but it was kinda expensive. I decided to look around and see if I could find anything like it. Sure enough, I found the exact same thing on Ebay from a seller in China. Best part was it was only $0.99 with free shipping ! It took a couple of weeks to get here, but the wait was so worth it.
Long chain octopus necklace.

I was at work the other day and saw some cute Betsey Johnson jewelry on the clearance table. I really liked the pieces and picked a couple up. I thought they would be around $11 a piece, but they rang up $6.50. Awesome. I went back and grabbed a pair of earring for my mum as well as Mother's Day is next Sunday.
Betsey Johnson earrings and necklace. Each originally $30. I paid $13 for both. 

I went to Wet Seal while I was supposed to be working the other day. I wanted to get some flat sandals. I actually only owned one pair of sandals. I found sandals and a few other things.
The sandals. I love the coral color and that they were only $14.50.
Wet Seal was having a buy one get one for a penny sale on their clearance items. I decided to have a look. Most things were just meh. Then I saw this blazer. I've wanted some spring blazers, but every time I see one that I like it's stupid expensive. This one was on clearance for $24.50.
After I found the floral blazer, I found this blue one. They both fit well and I got the set for $24.51. Jackpot!

I liked the sandals from Wet Seal so much that I went looking for similar ones for a cheaper price. I found this cheesy store in the mall that carried alot of gaudy accessories. I found these sandals for $9.99.
Bronze, gold and sliver flat sandals.

I have recently discovered the awesomeness of Ebay. It is super fun to bid on things. I am a super nerd and I love Doctor Who, but I hate to buy the seasons new because they are rather expensive. I managed to win season 6 for $16 including shipping. I haven't watched the DVD's yet, but I did watch it when it was aired on BBC America. There are some nifty episodes and some fail ones, but for $16 it was so worth it. And speaking of DW, I found Torchwood Miracle Day at Walmart. It was the last one and I have been dying to see it for a while. OMG I can't wait for finals to be over so I can veg in front of the telly and catch up on some shows.
Torchwood Miracle Day and Doctor Who Series 6

And lastly, I wanted to show my purchase from the Death Cab for Cutie concert. I was afraid it would be to small, but I actually love how it fits and I really like the colors. As much as I want to dress more trendy, I know I will end up just wearing tees all spring and summer. I have a feeling this tee will get a ton of wear.
Death Cab for Cutie shirt

Closeup of the design.

So there you go, a peak into my excessive shopping habits. Hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment