Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cellophane Flowers of Yellow and Green

On Friday my mum, my brother and I went to the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden (I have been spending an awful lot of time on family outings lately. Weird). The Arboretum had a special exhibit going on with Chihuly glass. The artist makes these crazy, elaborate glass installations and they placed the works throughout the gardens.
I didn't get many good pictures of it. My brother and I were busy people watching. So many old couples or middle-aged women in capri pants. It was insane. Here are some pics I managed to snap of the glass and some flowers:



They also had these little cottages set up that were supposed to represent the houses of famous artists. Obviously they were set up to entertain small children. Naturally I had to go play in them. It also rained off and on the entire time we were at the Arboretum. The first time it rained my bro and I took shelter in Monet's house.
Taking shelter from the rain in Monet's house:

 Seurat's House:

Picasso's House:







No comments:

Post a Comment