Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Edgefest 2012

I think maybe this blog should be called "Whatever is Going Through Lisa's Mind at the Time." Seriously, this thing lacks direction. I like it, though. I like that I can post about my shopping addiction or school or beauty products or music that I love. It makes me happy to know I have an outlet for the randomness that I want to share.
Anyways, the reason for this particular post is to share some of my Edgefest 2012 pictures. I think I talked about going in a previous post, but for various reasons I haven't been able to show any pictures until now.
If you don't know Edgefest is a mini music festival put on by the Dallas radio station 102.2 The Edge. They have been putting on the show for 22 years and is something of a Dallas tradition. This year was my first time going. I went with my long time friend and a coworker. It was an all day thing and I ended up burnt, tired and maybe a little high (the people in the mosh pit were all smoking around my coworker and I. I'm pretty sure we inhaled a bit), but it was defiantly an event to remember.
Some of the acts that were featured were The Black Keys, Foxy Shazam, Cake, Cage the Elephant, Garbage, Blue October, Switch Foot, The Ting Tings, Neon Trees, Civil Twilight and more.

The Main Stage

102.1 The Edge Banner

I was too short to get a proper picture, but this the lead singer of Foxy Shazam


A tall guy I was talking to in the crowed managed to get this picture of Katie of The Ting Tings

Another pic of Katie

This is the second stage. I think it was Blue October who was performing. Look at all those people

For the life of me, I couldn't get a good photo of Garbage. Here's the best I got. I tried

I had a blast at the concert. Hopefully next year will have an awesome lineup like this year because I would love to go again next year.
Have you been to any awesome concerts this spring?









\

No comments:

Post a Comment