Sunday, March 18, 2012

Inner. Inner City. Inner City Pressure.

I went to work for a few hours today. After that I went and picked up my friend at the train station. We then went to Target and did some shopping, dinner and then more shopping at the local movie/music store. Good times, good times. When I came home I decided to put in season 1 of Flight of the Conchords. I bought it on sale a couple of weeks ago and had yet to watch it. I've had multiple friends say that I needed to see it. I popped in the DVD player and pretty much started laughing from the first minute of it. It is so much better than I could have imagined. Why did I wait so long before watching this wonderfullness????  Here's a bit of the lyrics from one of the funniest musical numbers  so far. It's so freaking hilarious.  
Inner. Inner city. Inner city pressure.

Counting coins on the counter of the 7/11.
From a quarter past six til a quarter to seven.
The manager, Bevin, starts to abuse me.
Hey man, I just want some musely.
Neon signs, hidden messages.
Questions, answers, fetishes.
You know you're not in high finance.
Considering second hand underpants.
Check your mind, how'd it get so bad?
What happened to those other underpants you had?
Look in your pockets, haven't found a cent yet.
Tenants on your balls, "have you payed your rent yet?"

Inner. Inner city. Inner city pressure.
Inner. Inner city. Inner city pressure.

(Flight of the Conchords episode 2: Bret Gives Up the Dream)




No comments:

Post a Comment