Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Oz: The Great and Powerful

I have to admit, when I first heard about this film I was not so excited. I do love everything to do with Oz, but I felt that this would be a CGI mess. I love the low tech effects of The Wizard of Oz. That's one of the main charms of the 1930's film. I also love the book and of course I adore Wicked (the novel and the musical). I just didn't think that a film about the wizard made with today's overuse of computer graphics and under use of plot would be something that I would want to see. That was until I saw this:
Oz: The Great and Powerful  actually looks pretty darn good, if a little bit cheesy. It has decent actors and looks like it might actually have a coherent story. I am super excited now. I'm pretty sure I'll be first in line to see Oz: The Great and Powerful  one March 8th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment