Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013: A Recap

Happy New Year!!! 
Thank all that is good in the world that 2013 is over. It kinda sucked. I mean, sure, I had some great times, but on a whole it wasn't my best year. I want to take a look at the the good stuff that happened, reminisce a bit, and then promptly move on to 2014. 
2013 was filled with awesome traveling and a variety of amazing live shows. I went to some new cities and saw a whole slew of great bands. 
I went to Phoenix, Arizona with my brother in March:



I went to San Antonio with some friends in March as well: 


Then the day I got back from San Antonio I went to see Muse for the the first time: 

I went to Florida in May for my brother's college graduation. It was nice. I got to see grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins:






Then in June I got to see two of my favorite bands, The Postal Service and She & Him. They were at the same venue a couple of weeks apart: 
















For my birthday at the end of July I drove to New Orleans with a friend. It was my first time. It was cray. 



September I went to Austin with a couple of close friends. We went for the weekend and it rained most of the time, but we had fun. I got us tickets to see Ra Ra Riot, so that was our main excuse for going: 

And then in October I went to Austin City Limits Music Festival. It was great, even though they cancelled the last day of the festival. I saw so may great acts and even got to catch a secret Franz Ferdinand show that only 600 people were admitted to (I freaking LOVE Franz!!!!) 


In November I got to see Kate Nash and Chvrches and watched the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Simulcast in 3D. 




And finally on December 30th I saw the Toadies in Fort Worth at Billy Bob's. It was a great time and a wonderful way to finish 2013! 







 This year I also saw Maroon5 in Dallas, went to a Rangers game, partied on Halloween, saw my boss get drunk, gambled for the first time, got my culture  on at some museums and watched wayyy too much Doctor Who on Netflix. So all in all 2013 had some pretty great high points. I'm glad it's over though. I think I'm about to make 2014 my best year. I have high hopes. Happy New Year and look out for my New Years Resolution post that will be up soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment